One downside to living in Baltimore is the lack of a shopping “district” for normal day-today things like clothes, electronics…just stuff. We always find ourselves driving to either White Marsh or some other suburb which kind of defeats living in a city. Hopefully, one of the new proposals that will enter the contest to redesign Pratt St will include a shopping area that is nice enough for a tourist area but not so upscale no one really shops there…it should be a functional part of the city.
My suggestions would be:
- Consider a Pratt St/Lombard St corridor
- Use a free or cheap (25c) circulating bus to ride up and down the corridor
- Bike stations for locals to commute into the area
- A scaled down Target
- Street kiosks with touristy things
- Two additional street performer/learning areas
- A 5-7 screen multiplex theater
- A monorail to Patterson Park
Ok…you don’t need that last one…but it would be cool.